Big thank you to the KV Team and the OSD firmware and the multiwii-osd team
This hardward take the hardward mods for this firmware, and builds them into an RTF solution.
This Board can be used just as a normal OSD for APM or it can be used with MWC KV Team Mod .
MINIMOSD EXTRA – For use with ArduPilot (APM & Hawk) https://code.google.com/p/minimosd-extra/
MWOSD – For use with MultiWii & Flip32’s https://code.google.com/p/multiwii-osd/
STAND ALONE FIRMWARE – For use with no flight control system.
Older firmware here:
the new MinimOSD board with KV Team OSD firmware version r345.
FTDI needed to configure and use.
Only when uploading, use 12v power. During use, power the board with 5v.
This board can be used for any MWC boards or ReadyToFlyer
MinimOSD-Extra firmware is wrote by Gábor Zoltán.
How to use the configurator tool to setup OSD function:
How to setup hardware (original Wiki):
It’s tailored for use with ArduPilot Mega and the MAVlink protocol, and designed to be as compact as possible. It’s main components are an ATmega328P 8 bit microcontroller with an Arduino bootloader, and a MAX7456 monochrome on-screen display. Programming is done through an FTDI card.
all boards are version 1.1, which reflects a change in the voltage regulator to deal with excessive heating issues.
- ATmega328P with Arduino bootloader
- MAX7456 monochrome on-screen display
- FTDI cable compatible pinout
- Standard 6-pin ISP header
- Two independent power sections with an LED indicator on each
- Solder jumpers for combining the power sections
- +5V 500mA regulator for up to +12V supply input
- Solder jumper for PAL video option
- Exposed test points for HSYNC and LOS
- Dimensions: 0.7″W x 1.7″L (2.4″ w/ pins as shown) x 0.3″H
- Set up instructions are here.
MinimOSD, a minimal Arduino-based on-screen display board.