32 bit fork of the MultiWii RC flight controller firmware Things are moving… We Flipping it and popped in an ATmega32u4 – The Flip Pro – Arduino Leonardo for everyone who wants to push the edge of what is possible. It is awesome to see what everyone has done.
For most people the Flip 1.5 is the recommended choice, but we have to keep pushing on.
The Flip 1.5 will always be here at an unreal price- but let’s see how far we can push the envelope with the Flip32.
What is new 2015 (V2.5_Rev7.)
- Two Low noise LDO voltage regulators on board.
- Filter capacitors to knock out any unwanted noise
- ‘plug and play’ support, just connect your Satellite,
- Optimized sensor package layout
- Same familiar layout
Always flashed with the newest firmware. All boards come with a new cable for direct connection of a satellite to pin4
- 36×36 mm
- 5.3 grams (no headers, 7.3 grams with)
- 2000 degrees/second 3-axis MEMS gyro + accelerometer (MPU6050)
- Flexible motor outputs, support various airframe types –
- Quad/Hexa/Tri/Bi/Y4/Y6/Octo/Camera Gimbal. (Default is Quad-X)
- Up to 8 ch RC input – supports standard receivers (PWM), PPM Sum receiver (FrSky, etc), or Spektrum Satellite receiver.
- Battery voltage monitoring
- Modern 32-bit processor running at 3.3V/72MHz (STM32F103CB).
- Onboard MicroUSB for setup and configuration
- LEDs so bright, they will blind you
- MultiWii-based configuration software for easy setup
- rev v2.3 hardware
- STM32 – 32bits!
- MPU6050 (Gryo/ACC)
- HMC5883L – (Mag)
- MS5611 – (Baro)
Rc Input order: Roll,Pitch,Throttle,Yaw,Aux1,Aux2,Aux3,Aux4
GV to RT = GND VIN RX TX
Gv to CD = GND VIN SCL SDA
Setting up is easy and fast
The most popular version is baseflight but there has also recently been a fork called cleanflight which has the aim of using modern software practices to make the code easier to read/maintain and add new features. Fundamentaly both these firmwares are the same so feel free to try both and see which you prefer!
Setting up is easy and fast ‘
video with all you need to know:
Great video all the info is the same alll the info is the same : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rj6IXA2hDW0#t=1112
Discussion thread: http://www.multiwii.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=2387
Configuration software – Chrome Baseflight Configurator (preferred)
Can also use 2.3 or newer version of MultiWiiConf (Java-based) fromhttp://code.google.com/p/multiwii/downloads/list.
Software is open-source! Code repository at
STM32F103CB 32bit Processor running at 72MHz
MPU6050 3-axis MEMS gyro+accelerometer
MS5611 Pressure Sensor *not included on the DF32 Acro
HMC5883L 3-axis magenetometer *not included on the DF32 Acro
CP2102 UART to USB interface
36x36mm footprint – 30.5×30.5mm mounting holes
Power through +5V Input or Output via ESC * do not exceed +5 volts
Runs latest version of Cleanflight or Baseflight
Supports UBLOX & NMEA GPS protocols for a wide variety of GPS module support.
Telemetry output pins for OSD or Bluetooth
I2C input pins for external compass
8 channel inputs, can be configured for PWM, PPM, or Serial Ports
6 motor outputs for Quad/Hexa/Tri/Y6 setups *Octo support available
Battery voltage monitoring up to 4S