32 bit fork of the MultiWii RC flight controller firmware.
Things are moving… We Flipping it and popped in an ATmega32u4 – The Flip Pro – Arduino Leonardo for everyone who wants to push the edge of what is possible. It is awesome to see what everyone has done.
For most people the Flip 1.5 is the recommended choice, but we have to keep pushing on.
The Flip 1.5 will always be here at an unreal price- but let’s see how far we can push the envelope with the Flip32.
What is new in the Deluxe!
- Extra Loud On-board Mini buzzer. (great for 250 class size quads)
- Simplified motor pins optimized for small size quads. no extra pins
- Ez connection port for Bluetooth/OSD (serial 1)
- EZ connection Port for SDA/SCL/TX/RX GPS (serial 2)
- EZ connection port for Receiver (cable included)
- Ez connection port for Motors (direct connection with 4in1 ESC)
- Simple Clean pin header row for PPM Input
- Easy vBat connection pins
- Two Low noise LDO voltage regulators on board.
- Filter capacitors to knock out any unwanted noise
- ‘plug and play’ support, just connect your Satellite,
- Optimized sensor package layout
- Same familiar layout
Always flashed with the newest firmware. All boards come with a new cable for direct connection of a satellite to pin41
- 36×36 mm
- 5.3 grams (no headers, 7.3 grams with)
- 2000 degrees/second 3-axis MEMS gyro + accelerometer (MPU6050)
- 3-axis magnetometer (HMC5883L) (Flip32+ only)
- Pressure sensor (MS5611) (Flip32+ only)
- Flexible motor outputs, support various airframe types –
- Quad/Hexa/Tri/Bi/Y4/Y6/Octo/Camera Gimbal. (Default is Quad-X)
- Up to 8 ch RC input – supports standard receivers (PWM), PPM Sum receiver (FrSky, etc), or Spektrum Satellite receiver.
- Battery voltage monitoring
- Modern 32-bit processor running at 3.3V/72MHz (STM32F103CB).
- Onboard MicroUSB for setup and configuration
- LEDs so bright, they will blind you
- MultiWii-based configuration software for easy setup
- rev v2.3 hardware
. please use the Chrome Baseflight Configurator for the GUI. DO not use the old 2.2 GUI!
- STM32 – 32bits!
- MPU6050 (Gryo/ACC)
- HMC5883L – (Mag)
- MS5611 – (Baro)
RcInput order: Roll,Pitch,Throttle,Yaw,Aux1,Aux2,Aux3,Aux4
GV to RT = GND VIN RX TX
Gv to CD = GND VIN SCL SDA
Setting up is easy and fast
The most popular version is baseflight but there has also recently been a fork called cleanflight which has the aim of using modern software practices to make the code easier to read/maintain and add new features. Fundamentaly both these firmwares are the same so feel free to try both and see which you prefer!
Great video all the info is the same: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rj6IXA2hDW0#t=1112
Discussion thread: http://www.multiwii.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=2387
Configuration software – Chrome Baseflight Configurator (preferred)
Can also use 2.3 or newer version of MultiWiiConf (Java-based) fromhttp://code.google.com/p/multiwii/downloads/list.
Software is open-source! Code repository at
STM32F103CB 32bit Processor running at 72MHz
MPU6050 3-axis MEMS gyro+accelerometer
MS5611 Pressure Sensor *not included on the DF32 Acro
HMC5883L 3-axis magenetometer *not included on the DF32 Acro
CP2102 UART to USB interface
36x36mm footprint – 30.5×30.5mm mounting holes
Power through +5V Input or Output via ESC * do not exceed +5 volts
Runs latest version of Cleanflight or Baseflight
Supports UBLOX & NMEA GPS protocols for a wide variety of GPS module support.
Telemetry output pins for OSD or Bluetooth
I2C input pins for external compass
8 channel inputs, can be configured for PWM, PPM, or Serial Ports
6 motor outputs for Quad/Hexa/Tri/Y6 setups *Octo support available
Battery voltage monitoring up to 4S
Mixer Example settings:
#mixer tri → Tricopter
#mixer quadx → Quadrokopter in X configuration
#mixer hex6x → Hexacopter in X configuration
#feature ppm ( activate PPM Reciever)
#feature-ppm ( traditinal reciever)
To change the channel order, here is a example:
-1234 are the channels
if you are finished you have to save the settings type :#save
Setup your radio to be 1000-2000 and midstick exactly 1500 (this all can be changed of course but this is easy to do)
Go from the gui in the cli and do following commands
set mincheck = 1020
set maxcheck = 1980
set looptime =3000
set mincommand = 1000 <–as calibrated
set maxthrottle = 2000 <– as calibrated
set minthrottle = 1100 (This is throttle after arming and offcourse this is different on every motor or ESC so adjust for your taste)