32 bit fork of the MultiWii RC flight controller firmware Things are moving… We Flipping it and popped in an ATmega32u4 – The Flip Pro – Arduino Leonardo for everyone who wants to push the edge of what is possible. It is awesome to see what everyone has done.
For most people the Flip 1.5 is the recommended choice, but we have to keep pushing on.
The Flip 1.5 will always be here at an unreal price- but let’s see how far we can push the envelope with the Flip32.
With the entire community’s help, input, and support, the new Flip32 and Flip32+ is obsessively engineered to be one of the best flight controllers at a fraction of the cost. Now with TWO Low noise LDO voltage regulators on board. One dedicated for just sensors for super clean power supply. The other voltage regulator take cares of the Cpu and rest of the board. Plus, there is the addition of many filter capacitors strategically placed on the board to totally knock out any undesirable frequencies. The improved layout is key to provide only the best sensors in the optimal location without any extra baggage or wasted space. The Spectrum satellite plug installed adds complete ‘plug and play’ support, just connect your Satellite, set in the gui, and fly!. With all the same familiarity it is hard to tell the difference during installation, until it takes to the air!
What is new in the Deluxe!
- Extra Loud On-board Mini buzzer. (great for 250 class size quads)
- Simplified motor pins optimized for small size quads. no extra pins
- Ez connection port for Bluetooth/OSD (serial 1)
- EZ connection Port for SDA/SCL/TX/RX GPS (serial 2)
- EZ connection port for Receiver (cable included)
- Ez connection port for Motors (direct connection with 4in1 ESC)
- Simple Clean pin header row for PPM Input
- Easy vBat connection pins
- Two Low noise LDO voltage regulators on board.
- Filter capacitors to knock out any unwanted noise
- ‘plug and play’ support, just connect your Satellite,
- Optimized sensor package layout
- Same familiar layout
Always flashed with the newest firmware. All boards come with a new cable for direct connection of a satellite to pin4
- 36×36 mm
- 5.3 grams (no headers, 7.3 grams with)
- 2000 degrees/second 3-axis MEMS gyro + accelerometer (MPU6050)
- Flexible motor outputs, support various airframe types –
- Quad/Hexa/Tri/Bi/Y4/Y6/Octo/Camera Gimbal. (Default is Quad-X)
- Up to 8 ch RC input – supports standard receivers (PWM), PPM Sum receiver (FrSky, etc), or Spektrum Satellite receiver.
- Battery voltage monitoring
- Modern 32-bit processor running at 3.3V/72MHz (STM32F103CB).
- Onboard MicroUSB for setup and configuration
- LEDs so bright, they will blind you
- MultiWii-based configuration software for easy setup
- rev v2.3 hardware
- STM32 – 32bits!
- MPU6050 (Gryo/ACC)
Rc Input order: Roll,Pitch,Throttle,Yaw,Aux1,Aux2,Aux3,Aux4
GV to RT = GND VIN RX TX
Gv to CD = GND VIN SCL SDA
Setting up is easy and fast
The most popular version is baseflight but there has also recently been a fork called cleanflight which has the aim of using modern software practices to make the code easier to read/maintain and add new features. Fundamentaly both these firmwares are the same so feel free to try both and see which you prefer!
Setting up is easy and fast ‘
video with all you need to know:
Great video all the info is the same alll the info is the same : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rj6IXA2hDW0#t=1112
Discussion thread: http://www.multiwii.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=2387
Configuration software – Chrome Baseflight Configurator (preferred)
Can also use 2.3 or newer version of MultiWiiConf (Java-based) fromhttp://code.google.com/p/multiwii/downloads/list.
Software is open-source! Code repository at
STM32F103CB 32bit Processor running at 72MHz
MPU6050 3-axis MEMS gyro+accelerometer
CP2102 UART to USB interface
36x36mm footprint – 30.5×30.5mm mounting holes
Power through +5V Input or Output via ESC * do not exceed +5 volts
Runs latest version of Cleanflight or Baseflight
Supports UBLOX & NMEA GPS protocols for a wide variety of GPS module support.
Telemetry output pins for OSD or Bluetooth
I2C input pins for external compass
8 channel inputs, can be configured for PWM, PPM, or Serial Ports
6 motor outputs for Quad/Hexa/Tri/Y6 setups *Octo support available
Battery voltage monitoring up to 4S